Monday, March 24, 2014

Redwood Bar & Grill, Downtown Los Angeles





    Face appearing in an empty booth when shooting into a mirror directly behind me. Creepy stuff.
Photos taken with the flash within seconds of one another. Note the Hand-like shape appearing screen left of the images. Although, I don't like using orbs as a frame of reference for spirit manifestations, this was seen while taking the photo. I have never had such an uneasy feeling while taking photos in any location.

Just recently, I had the opportunity to visit this bar location in downtown Los Angeles for a bachelor party. I had no idea it was haunted, but my girlfriend and I were creeped out right when we walked in. Dimly lit booths, and dark shadowy corners fill the bar throughout. From the entrance to the back area, I felt cold spots, and drafty spots all around. I usually carry my camera, but this time I was stuck with my iPhone camera. I did have a chance to shoot some shots in and around the interior. When I went back and reviewed my images, I noticed a ghostly face in an empty booth; as well as a moving apparition in the back room. This place is creepy cool!

 Apparently this location is over 60+ years old. Formerly called The Old Redwood Saloon.

Taken from a couple articles:

"At the foot of Bunker Hill, the newly refurbished and re-themed Redwood Bar and Grill opened its doors to a world vastly different than what its former Los Angeles Times regulars will remember as the old Redwood Saloon....Gangster Mickey Cohen and former presidents Richard Nixon and John F. Kennedy reputedly counted among the old Redwood Saloon's many patrons. But new owner Dev Dugal, who took over after a previous regime closed the spot at 316 W. Second St. last year, wanted to evoke an even more bygone era with the Redwood Bar and Grill."-LA Times

"Located near the L.A. Times building, the Redwood has hosted lawyers, bail bondsmen, politicians like Bobby Kennedy and Richard Nixon, and, not surprisingly, hundreds of journalists.
So many L.A. Times reporters frequented the bar that, for several years, the Times paid for a direct phone line to the Redwood. And that bright red phone still hangs on the wall by the door at the Redwood. "It was installed by the L.A. Times so they could call across to here to get a hold of a reporter or photographer — because they were in here so often. Up until a couple of years ago, it was still live," Bartlett says, "It even has an extension number on it."
These days the Redwood has a charming nautical theme, and they keep the lights dim enough that it's easy to imagine an apparition sitting in one of their high-topped booths. And Bartlett has plenty of paranormal stories to tell in his book, too. Like the "tall man in the gray suit" who lurks in the Redwood's basement, or unnatural shifts in light and shadow."-

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty venue. The Redwood Bar & Grill, Downtown is one of my favorite LA venues when it comes to host small parties for friends and family. They have some cool interior which is epic. I am glad that you shared the photos here.

    ReplyDelete